This is a super special double whammy today... I've got the most incredible looking Raw Coconut & Mango Celebration Cake recipe from Jade at Make Your Life Amazing, AND she's so generously giving ONE LUCKY READER a $20 Gift Card for her online or Bondi Market stall, where she makes and sells some high-demand raw treats.
I first met Jade about 6 months ago and we got on beautifully so I can easily say Jade is on a mission to inspire others to live a more amazing life! She believes we can achieve true health and happiness by taking a Holistic approach to nourishing the body, mind, and soul, and as a certified Raw Food Chef, Health & Wellness Coach, and Reiki Healer, she's doing just that.
But first things first... this incredible looking recipe. If you want to WOW the family this Xmas and make something a little less traditional but perhaps a lot more incredible (and with our hot Summer Xmas this is perfect) here's what you've been looking for.
This is totally raw, vegan, wheat free, gluten free, and processed sugar free. A winner all round! And if you only use organic ingredients, then it'll be organic too!
Raw Coconut & Mango Celebration Cake
1 ½ cups raw almonds
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1tsp natural vanilla extract
Pinch good quality sea salt (I use Himalayan)
8 medjool dates, soaked for 10mins in warm water to soften & drained
3 cups cashews, soaked for at least 3 hours
Flesh of 1 young coconut
1/2 cup organic coconut syrup
1/3 cup coconut water
2tsp natural vanilla extract
Juice of a lemon
2/3 cup coconut oil, melted if solid
Pinch good quality sea salt
Flesh of 3 mangoes
1. Rinse and drain the soaked cashews. Soak the medjool dates in warm water. Line the bottom of an 8” spring form tin with baking paper.
2. Make the base by blitzing the almonds, desiccated coconut, vanilla and sea salt in a food processor until it has a crumb like texture. Add the drained dates one by one and blitz until combined. The mixture should hold together when pressing it between your fingers.
3. Press the crust mixture into the bottom of your prepared spring form tin evenly. Refrigerate while you make the filling.
4. In a high speed blender mix cashews, coconut flesh, coconut syrup, coconut water, vanilla, lemon juice, coconut oil and sea salt until it has a super smooth consistency. You may need to stop & scrape down the sides a few times & this may take a few minutes depending on the speed of your blender! If you find it is too thick to blend, add a little more coconut water to help facilitate.
5. Pour 2 cups of the coconut filling mixture into a measuring jug.
6. Now add the mangoes and turmeric to the remaining mixture in the blender. Blend until smooth.
7. Retrieve your base from the fridge.
8. Using a dessert spoon, alternate putting a spoonful of each mixture onto the base. So a blob of mango, a blob of coconut, a blob of mango, a blob of coconut, and so on until all the mixture is used up. This will give a slight marbled effect.
9. Smooth over the top of the cheesecake and place in the freezer for at least 6 hours to set.
10. Once it has set, gently remove the spring form tin, decorate with shredded coconut and mango slices and serve!
And now for the Xmas Giveaway part...
YOU CAN WIN:
- A $20 Raw Treat voucher to be used for an online purchase or at the Make Your Life Amazing stall at Bondi Farmers Markets. Must be used by 3/3/14. Open to Australian residents only
|Check out all them treaties!!|
HOW TO WIN:
1. Share this post on Facebook
2. In the comments below, get creative and tell me what one amazing raw creation you hope Jade sells at her market stall. The most creative winner might just see their creation there one day!
The winner of this tantalising gift voucher will be announced in the newsletter this Friday so sign up here to find out of you're the winner!
If you want to connect some more with the beautiful Jade, you can stalk her at the following places: